Substance abuse affects many people in various ways. These ranges from “functional” abuse like heavy drinking to heavy drug usage that leaves people with gaps in their memories, possessions, and vital signs.
One of the reasons why most people can’t or won’t deal with their problem is that they can’t afford the treatment. Let’s face it, healthcare these days can be expensive enough to scare you into being healthy. Insurance companies like Aetna offer their services to help people get through the costs.
What is Aetna and What Can it Cover?
Aetna started out in 1853 and is now one of the largest health insurance firms in the USA. They offer simple and transparent services, making sure getting rehab treatment, among others, is easy and accessible for the average citizen.
To help people, Aetna offers a virtual health assistant called Ann to answer all general questions. The company also has an app called iTriage which helps people manage their health concerns from their phone.
For substance abuse and rehab, Aetna’s health insurance will cover the following treatments:
- Detoxification: Alcohol and drugs can cause dependency and withdrawal symptoms. Patients can undergo safe detoxification therapy in outpatient programs. Inpatient programs can be considered also. It depends on the type and amount of substance and medical risk factors if the patient has other illnesses impacting them.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment: This is usually done with group support meetings that last for several hours in the evening,. It is usually done with meeting 3-5 times a week. The program has patients experience their stressors and triggers while having constant support.
- Partial Hospitalization Treatment (PHT): Similar to Intensive Outpatient Treatment, PHT has patients go into programming for 4-8 hours during the day. The patient will undergo the stressors and triggers while in a supportive environment.
- Inpatient and Residential rehabilitation: Recommended for severe cases where rehabilitation requires complete monitoring. Durations can last as long as three months but has the advantage of full-time support.
How Long Will They Cover My Expenses While In Treatment?
Aetna can help members find specialists and rehab centers that can cater best to their healthcare needs. Once a program is set, the duration will depend on the member’s condition and what their plan will cover. In general, minimum days Aetna will cover is 30 days and could reach up to 90 or higher, especially with inpatient, residential programs.
Depending on the member’s progress, Aetna may extend the duration. But regardless of how long it is, Aetna assures 24/7 support, covers private therapy, 12-step programs, and a safe and protected environment. Aetna also assures all members that all patient information will be confidential. They will only share information with providers with your permission.
What Else Can They Offer?
Aetna also has a pilot program available to those who are qualified and agree to be part of the program. Luxury rehab centers offer amenities like swimming pools, gourmet dining, and other exclusive offers. The program is on going in South Dakota, California, and Texas. Thus, it would be best to contact Rehab Near Me’s support to see if your plan can qualify.
Outpatient vs Inpatient What’s The Difference?
- Outpatient care is an ideal choice for people who want to recover from their problems while still living their day-to-day lives. They can meet with their doctors or therapists for an hour or two a day. They can also attend group sessions and recovery meetings to gain support from people with similar problems. This is all possible. Patients can enjoy the comfort of going home at the end of the day, armed with the skills needed to tackle everyday problems.
- Inpatient care is best suited for people who don’t want their daily lives to hinder their recovery. This is more effective for those with severe addictions and whose health is already hampering their daily functions. Inpatient treatment has round-the-clock care. They also provide patients the skills and activities that will help them prevent relapse in the future.
The goal of rehabilitation is to free people from their dependency and prevent relapse. Rehabilitation is not a process determined by a fixed number of days. It’s a lifelong process fortified by healthy habits and lifestyle choices. To beat addiction requires care, dedication, support from experts, and support from their loved ones.
Ready to commit to change?
On This Page
- 1 What is Aetna and What Can it Cover?
- 2 For substance abuse and rehab, Aetna’s health insurance will cover the following treatments:
- 3 How Long Will They Cover My Expenses While In Treatment?