- Cocaine is usually manufactured into the form users are more aware of, the powder-like or rock forms.
- Cocaine plant may be harmless.
- Columbia is said to be the world’s principal producer of cocaine.
- Cocaine has been taken by the National Institute on Drug abuse as one of the most usually abused illegal drugs in the US.
Yes, cocaine actually comes from a plant. It’s native to South America where it grows.
- Cocaine is very well-known that can stimulate the central nervous system with anesthetic properties.
- Cocaine is actually a derivative of the leaves of Erythroxylum coca.
Cocaine is usually manufactured into the form users are more aware of, the powder-like or rock forms.”
Throughout history, the use of cocaine has mainly been to numb the senses or else to stimulate the person using it. At first, cocaine was introduced as a medicine in the 80s by Sigmund Freud. He promoted the use of cocaine as a useful and safe elixir for the treatment of depression and even sexual impotence.
In 1886, cocaine was also used in Coca-Cola to create a euphoric effect for those who drink it. In later years, cocaine already became a staple in many tonics and elixirs.
While it was treated as a new discovery to cure just about any kind of illness, only later was it discovered that cocaine actually plays host to a plethora of dangerous side effects. Ultimately, this led to the removal of cocaine on all products containing it. In the U.S., cocaine was listed under outlawed narcotics in 1920.
Cocaine plant may be harmless.
The South Americans chewed on the leaves of the coca plant when they needed a boost of energy. However, the cocaine available to us today has actually been synthesized into a very powerful and addictive substance.
Cocaine’s instant effects are feelings of euphoria as well as more physical energy and increased mental alertness. The “high” feeling is also naturally accompanied with its adverse effects.
- Nasal damage (usually from snorting cocaine)
- Trouble swallowing
- Nutritional Deficiency
- Weight loss
- Damage to bowel tissues due to decreased blood flow
The United States government has classified cocaine as a Schedule II drug. The street names of cocaine are:
Columbia is said to be the world’s principal producer of cocaine.
According to a report from the White House, the cultivation of coca in Colombia rose by 39% in 2014 and has continued or accelerated every year. In terms of coca plantations, around 85,000 hectares was added in 2013 and 112,000 by 2014. The figures increased the production of cocaine from 185 to 245 tons. However, the staggering numbers are believed to be an underestimation of just how much cocaine Colombia produces every year.
Cocaine has been taken by the National Institute on Drug abuse as one of the most usually abused illegal drugs in the US.
Victims of cocaine overdose take up roughly 10 percent of admissions to substance abuse treatment programs and public-funded addiction programs. Also, cocaine is believed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime as one of the most costly illegal drugs around. In fact, the Global Drug Survey of 2015 included findings that note that 1 gram of cocaine is being sold for around $80 USD.
On This Page
- 1 Cocaine is usually manufactured into the form users are more aware of, the powder-like or rock forms.”
- 2 Cocaine plant may be harmless.
- 3 Columbia is said to be the world’s principal producer of cocaine.
- 4 Cocaine has been taken by the National Institute on Drug abuse as one of the most usually abused illegal drugs in the US.