How Long Does Crack Cocaine Stay In Your System?
- There are forms of crack cocaine that are more potent than the others
- The crack was first popularized in poor urban streets
- There are three popular myths about crack cocaine
- The detection times for crack are still the same as the traditional form of cocaine.
- Crack cocaine users have the tendency to accelerate drug use as the effects wear out shortly.
- The effects can cause the drugs to stay in the body longer; taking a little more time before it flushes out of the system.
There are forms of crack cocaine that are more potent than the others.
Smoking crack makes cocaine chemicals enter your body much faster. The repeated use of crack adds to the toxicity of it, which can result in impaired health. Ultimately, it can affect your metabolism, delaying total elimination of the drugs from your body.
Other key factors in determining the elimination time of crack cocaine from your body are physical attributes like height and weight, your health status, and even the levels of your physical activities.
Hydration is very important in quickly eliminating drugs from your body. If you opt to drink caffeinated drinks or alcohol, it can negatively impact how long crack is removed from your body. Remember that drinking a lot of water can help flush out the harmful toxins from your body.
The crack was first popularized in poor urban streets.
It was preferred by many not because of its potency, but because it was a cheap way to bring pleasure to such communities that have been deprived of their basic needs. Crack cocaine was highlighted in such areas, but not in the way that politicians and the media portray it. Several users never get addicted and the ones who do have become more vulnerable due to their exposure to it.
There are three popular myths about crack cocaine.
Crack in the ghetto has become the most popular misconception about crack cocaine.
According to the data revealed by the National Institute on Drug Abuse in 1991, 75% of crack users were white, only 15% were black and some 10% are Hispanic. In 2009, the data revealed by the U.S. Sentencing Commission revealed that there were no drug matches based on race. In the approximately 5,000 sentenced crack users, 79% were black, 10% Hispanic, and 10% white.
Back in the early 20th century, the use of cocaine by the African Americans was deemed threatening to the safety of the white Americans.
The New York Times released a warning in an article back in 1914 saying that insanity and murder continue to increase among the blacks due to their “sniffing.” The said habit was pointed out to have been executed because of their deprivation of Whiskey.
Infants who were exposed to crack grow up with physical deficiencies and several mental issues.
More recently, it was discovered that the claims were misinformed and exaggerated. Amid the drug’s popularity, a study done in Philadelphia in 1989 discovered that mothers of 1 in 6 infants tested positive for cocaine. This led to the wild claims of “crack babies” and saying that black mothers were “crack whores.” A social worker was even televised to say that infants who were exposed to crack would not reach an IQ level past 50.
On This Page
- 1 Help Is Only A Phone Call Away
- 2 There are forms of crack cocaine that are more potent than the others.
- 3 The crack was first popularized in poor urban streets.
- 4 There are three popular myths about crack cocaine.
- 4.1 Crack in the ghetto has become the most popular misconception about crack cocaine.
- 4.2 Back in the early 20th century, the use of cocaine by the African Americans was deemed threatening to the safety of the white Americans.
- 4.3 Infants who were exposed to crack grow up with physical deficiencies and several mental issues.
- 5 Don't Wait Help Is Only A Phone Call Away
It is disheartening to know that so many people have lost their bright future because of drugs. In fact, so many have lost their lives. But ...
It’s always surprising to hear in the news that people, just for the sake of drugs, can be so creative just to smuggle some amount of it. ...