In Utah in June 2014, a mother of seven killed 6 of her babies and hid their bodies in their own garage. The last one was stillborn. The woman was eventually discovered to be a meth addict and reportedly did not want to have to deal with all the responsibilities.
When someone uses meth heavily, they can stay up for up to several days. Methamphetamine is a very potent stimulant that can make the individual abnormally energetic.
Meth is an extremely addictive substance.
- Meth is a man-made substance that is made out of highly toxic elements which may cause extremely harmful effects or even death when used incorrectly.
- Meth is usually ingested by its users or otherwise smoked, snorted, or even injected into the skin, muscles, or veins.
- Although there are various formulations that are being used in the making of methamphetamine, there are a few consistent key ingredients.
- Many of these ingredients are highly flammable; thus highly lethal.
What Toxic Ingredients Are Found In Crystal Meth?
There are a few ingredients that are commonly found in crystal meth:
- Acetone: Nail polish removers, as well as paint thinners, have this substance
- Lithium: Found in batteries
- Toluene: This solvent is used as a fuel additive such as in nail polish, brake cleaner, and paint thinners
- Hydrochloric acid: This highly corrosive mineral acid is used for the removal of rust from refining metal and steel
- Pseudoephedrine: Cold medications have this substance
- Red Phosphorus: Common in matchboxes and explosives like road flares
- Sodium hydroxide: Also called lye, is found in drain cleaners
- Sulfuric acid: Substance found in drain cleaners and toilet bowl cleaner
- Anhydrous ammonia: Substance in countertop cleaner and fertilizer
- Lighter fluid or lantern fuel
- Iodine crystals
- Ether found in starting fluid
- Antihistamine and cold medications with ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are one of the key ingredients used to make meth.
Just a little of meth can keep you awake for many days.
You will also not feel any hunger pangs so you will not feel the need to eat. When this continues for a long time, your body will eventually collapse.
While in such a condition, you can be delusional and highly paranoid. Even parents think their children are the demons that are trying to do them harm. You may also think your old friends could be calling the police. Addicts are not really murderous; however, the drug prompts them to imagine a lot of dangers even when there is none.
Children often bear the brunt of their parents’ delusions and they don’t usually get away. If they are lucky, someone could bring them to a safe location until their addicted parents get sober.
The person is unable to understand himself often because the condition leaves him delusional.
Meth is among the fastest-selling drugs to addicts. It can create the most intense of cravings that often overwhelm the person’s sanity. There are people where all it takes is a single use to drive them back to drug use over and over again.
If you’re caring for a person who uses meth, it is important that you bring them to a long-term rehab. Methamphetamine addiction isn’t one that can wait–particularly in the case of children. You should act now and call for help.