- Euphoria is the main “high” that is perceived by a cocaine user
- Aside from euphoric high, cocaine can also affect the respiratory and cardiovascular systems
- A cocaine high can make people feel physically different
- If taken to extreme levels cocaine intoxication can be both dangerous and unpleasant
A cocaine high, otherwise known as a cocaine intoxication, is among the most recognized effects of cocaine in users. The “high” is generally the reason why cocaine users make use of this type of drug. This can be true for those who are just experimenting with the drug as well as with the occasional users, the binge users, and those who are already in the earlier stages of addiction. The social use of cocaine, however, is also common.
- A cocaine high includes psychological alterations that change how an individual feels and thinks along with other physical changes.
- Some of the changes caused by the drug’s effects on your brain and nervous system can be due to the personal feelings that you bring to such an experience.
- This is ultimately the reason why even though there are common effects among users who experience a cocaine high, the drug’s effects on each individual varies.
- Despite the factors of cocaine intoxication being common in cocaine users, not all of the drug’s effects may be felt.
Euphoria is the main “high” that is perceived by a cocaine user
Cocaine is able to stimulate your brain in a way that you will that feel you have accomplished something. It creates a rewarding feeling, which becomes the main reason why those who have become addicted on cocaine do the act over and over again.
A faster onset can be achieved by smoking crack, allowing the drug to get to the brain in an instant. The act will almost instantly create an immediate, intense high. However, this euphoria can be short-lived with a usual duration of 5 to 15 minutes only.
As such, an addiction can occur very quickly. This is because when the cocaine high dissipates, the user is compelled to take one more dose and then another just to make the cocaine high last a little longer.
Aside from euphoric high, cocaine can also affect the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
Crack can cause headaches, nausea, abdominal pain, and gastrointestinal complications. Binge cocaine users can also experience side effects like restlessness, irritability and anxiety.
Smoking crack with a glass or metal pipe is known to be the most common way of administering large quantities of the drug directly into the lungs. Sometimes, crack users snort the drug, which almost immediately sends the drug into the bloodstream to release an intense and immediate but rather short-lived euphoric effect.
The time needed for the crack to remain in your body is quite short- around 0.8 ± 0.2 hours. Crack is metabolized quickly by the body. A cocaine metabolite called the benzoylecgonine results in the loss of methyl group and will still be detected through urine for 4 days after use.
A cocaine high can make people feel physically different.
The physical effects of cocaine also include the feeling of stimulation. The drug can also lead to alterations in your heart rhythm and breathing coupled with feelings of uncomfortable heat or cold, sweating, nausea, and muscle weakness.
Despite a few of the physical symptoms of using cocaine being unpleasant, the repeated use of cocaine can also cause the brain to begin to associate such symptoms with pleasurable feelings of the drug during a “high.” As such, those who become addicted to the drug may be very tolerant of the unpleasant effects of cocaine.
If taken to extreme levels cocaine intoxication can be both dangerous and unpleasant.
You can be at risk of seizures, heart problems, and eventually, death. As cocaine is an illicit drug, there is no way to know how much stronger it can be. Thus, cocaine users often take in more than they planned to then the cocaine high leads to the worst case scenario. An increased dose of cocaine can increase your drug tolerance compelling you to increase dose next time. Eventually, this can lead to an addiction. Prevent this with Idaho detox.