- A study made in 2005 revealed that over 4,000 people overdosed to death due to methadone.
- After some time of regular use, both physical and mental opioid withdrawal symptoms can be chemically treated.
- Methadone treatment often starts with an interview, a blood test, and a physical examination.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_cta h2=”Help Is Only A Phone Call Away” txt_align=”center” shape=”round” style=”flat” color=”vista-blue” el_width=”sm” use_custom_fonts_h2=”true” use_custom_fonts_h4=”true”]Call Now 855 339 1112[/vc_cta][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row]
Simply, methadone treatment has been proven to be effective as far as treating opiate addiction is concerned. It may be that methadone cannot solve all of your addiction problems instantly, but it may still help to give you a sense of stability and peace to regain control of your life after opiate addiction.
When you talk about methadone maintenance treatments, opinion almost always ignites in so many ways. For instance, you may have heard of the opinion that methadone treatment is just a trade-off for opiate addiction. The truth is, the prescription drug is neither a good nor an evil thing.
- Patients who treat with methadone as their long-term maintenance drugs show better results compared to methadone users of short term detox programs.
- A one-year minimum use of methadone as a maintenance drug has been recommended by the National Institute on Drug Abuse or NIDA for best results.
- Research reveals that using methadone as a maintenance treatment can greatly reduce the use of illicit opiates, decrease instances of risky sex to avoid transmission of HIV and to reduce criminal behavior overall.
A study made in 2005 revealed that over 4,000 people overdosed to death due to methadone.
Most of these cases involved the use of high doses of the drug in unsupervised circumstances either for treating pain or for recreational use. Compared to Subutex and Suboxone, Methadone does not have a ceiling effect. Full withdrawal symptoms relief with methadone can be achieved even with heavy heroin users. Even decades of methadone use cannot harm major organs.
After some time of regular use, both physical and mental opioid withdrawal symptoms can be chemically treated.
If you have been recommended to undergo a Methadone Maintenance Treatment program, your physician may prescribe a daily dose of it. The treatment may also give you access to assistance for your other health concerns. Education, counseling, medical attention, and preventative care are just some of the advantages of enrolling in this kind of treatment program.
Methadone treatment often starts with an interview, a blood test, and a physical examination.
A urine sample is often required to show that you are indeed positive for opioids. Take note that you will still be admitted to the program even if you have not stopped the drug use yet. In most cases the clinician or nurse may explain to you concerning the pros and cons as well as the precautions of methadone use. You may also have to sign a contract before treatment where you can read up regarding the guidelines and policies of your chosen clinic.
Methadone is usually dispensed at clinics in a liquid form that you can mix with other juices and you will have to visit your pharmacy or clinic to obtain your daily fix.
[vc_column][vc_cta h2=”Don’t Wait Help Is Only A Phone Call Away” txt_align=”center” shape=”round” style=”flat” color=”vista-blue” el_width=”sm” use_custom_fonts_h2=”true” use_custom_fonts_h4=”true”]Call Now 855 339 1112[/vc_cta][/vc_column][/vc_row]