- Alcohol can give headaches and make people sick in their stomachs.
- Alcohol is deemed as the most damaging and lethal of all substances.
Drinkers have lots of endearing terms for alcohol. There’s just too much of those creative energy being wasted on alcohol that is killing more than all types of illicit drugs combined. If you are thinking that alcohol-related problems are innocent or funny, then you might want to think again.
Alcohol doesn’t solve problems. On the contrary, it causes them. So you better make a healthy choice for yourself and not drink. The truth is alcohol is actually a very powerful and highly addictive drug that can kill the drinker.
Alcohol can give headaches and make people sick in their stomachs.
Neither of these consequences is as half a problem as the other negative impact of alcohol. The substance is known to cause a lot of aching heads in parents about their children’s performance at school, a spouse whose performance at work has greatly been reduced or for the alcoholic to bump into the law. Also, an adolescent who drinks alcohol may have trouble in school, lose their jobs and get arrested for buying, owning or using alcohol.
The substance can trick the drinker into making bad choices. These often leads to drinkers having unsafe or unprotected sex eventually getting pregnant or getting affected with a sexually transmitted disease like HIV/AIDS. In addition, those who drink alcohol are more inclined to get into fights or commit crimes.
Drinking alcohol has various side effects that vary with how much the drinker consumes. Among these are:
- Memory loss
- Mental confusion
- Anxiousness, restlessness
- Reduced blood pressure
- Slow rate of breathing
- Slow heart rate
- Not being able to drive in his car
- Low ability to reason
- Blurry/double vision
- Heavy Sweating
- Slower reaction times and reflexes.
- Death due to respiratory arrest
- Other health issues that are caused by drinking alcohol include:
- Early menopausal
- Difficulties with menstruation i.e. irregular cycles, missing a cycle or decreased fertility
- Reduced sperm count or less motile sperm or abnormal sperm cells
- Other sexual problems
- Poor digestion and the inflammation of small intestines and large intestines
- Heartburn, gastritis, nausea and ulcer
- Dilated blood vessels near skin resulting in a brandy nose
- Skin disorders i.e. middle-age acne
- Water retention i.e. bloating, weight gain
- Malnutrition ( this is due to the fact that heavy drinkers would rather drink than eat)
- Weakened vision
Alcohol is deemed as the most damaging and lethal of all substances.
However, alcohol is still a legal substance for those over the age of 21. That is why it could be confusing for anyone whether or not to drink alcohol. Even advertising has an active role in creating this confusion.
Studies have revealed that when the number of alcohol advertising in a place is reduced, the number of car crashes in the target population is also reduced. Even the way that alcoholic drinks are being advertised by media is also very confusing that a survey of sixth graders revealed that 25% of them did not know that a wine cooler can get someone drunk.