- Side Effects of Smoking OxyContin
- Abusers smoke OxyContin using a tin foil
- The combination of OxyContin and weed is generally a very bad idea
Before you even think of trying to consume Oxycodone or OxyContin by smoking it, it is important to know that there are a lot of risks that are connected to this mode of administration. Not only can smoking be less effective than taking Oxycodone orally, but smoking Oxycodone or Oxycontin can also be bad for the health.
- OxyContin and Oxycodone are usually used for around the clock pain management in patients with moderate to severe pain.
- Oxycodone targets the brain changing its overall perception of pain.
- The drug can create feelings of euphoria.
- Although the drug is normally taken orally, there are those that attempt to smoke Oxycodone to get high. This may not be the most effective way to reap the drug’s benefits although you may still experience mild effects.
OxyContin users usually inhale Oxycodone into the nose straight to the sinus cavities, and lungs. It can also penetrate the mucous membranes to allow Oxycodone to enter the bloodstream quickly. However, smokers do not just inhale the drug when they smoke; they also inhale all the fillers and binders, as well as these chemicals, are not absorbed by the body. Furthermore, these can cause irritation to the nose, eyes, and lungs. In the long term, smoking OxyContin can also lead to serious complications in the respiratory system.
Side Effects of Smoking OxyContin
- Upset Stomach
- Feelings of Weakness
Abusers smoke OxyContin using a tin foil
The method can actually vaporize some of the substance and frees the drug being inhaled. Much of the substance will be destroyed along the process so you can only feel very mild effects if there is any at all. In the long run, you will be tempted to use more of the drug as you normally would. This is a very bad idea as you will end up taking in more fillers and binders from the medication.
The combination of OxyContin and weed is generally a very bad idea
If you combine the two, the results may significantly impair your brain’s coordination resulting in decreased judgment and perception, making you more prone to injury and or accidents.
Smoking oxyContin is extremely bad for you. Smoking it can largely affect your health causing physical damage to the eyes, throat, and lungs. Since it is nearly an effective method as other forms of delivery, smoking OxyContin can put you at risk without getting any of the desired effects of using the substance. Furthermore, smoking OxyContin can lead to psychological drug dependency.
While it is always possible to smoke OxyContin, it is never good, to begin with. You will not reach the full effects of the drug and it can even have adverse effects on your health. In conclusion, smoking OxyContin should always be avoided.