How To Get Help With Drug Addiction?
- Drug addiction can be treated, but not an easy task to do
- While recovery is possible, the rehabilitation process costs a lot
- Fortunately, there are ways on how we can pay for drug rehabilitation sessions without using health insurance
Addiction affects the person on how they behave and think. According to some, it is a disease that targets an addicted person’s brain and behavior.
- The voluntary taking up drugs is the starting point of addiction.
- In the long run, even if the person refuses to take drugs already, he cannot do it anymore because of withdrawal symptoms.
- The long-term use of drugs can greatly affect the brain functions of the user.
- The part of the brain that involves reward and motivation, learning and memory, and control over behavior is negatively affected by addiction.
Drug addiction can be treated, but not an easy task to do
Addiction is a disease that makes it hard for a person to stop using it. It is a chronic disease because the affected individuals will have an extremely hard time to live-by without drugs. Most patients who prefer not to take drugs, live a good life, and completely recover from addiction can do so by means of long-term care.
Addiction can be treated by going through this three crucial steps:
- Stop using drugs
- Stay drug-free
- Stay productive in the family, work, and in society
While recovery is possible, the rehabilitation process costs a lot
Few people have difficulty paying the full cost of their rehabilitation sessions because they do not have money in the bank. The only option they have is to pay from what they have in their pockets. For those in long-term drug addiction, it oftentimes makes them bankrupt or is one way or another, financially compromised. Other cases, on the other hand, is when a person has a health insurance but is already lapsed.
Fortunately, there are ways on how we can pay for drug rehabilitation sessions without using health insurance
You can combine two or more strategies to make ends meet and fully pay for the services to avail for the needed treatment.
Financing: “Treatment now, pays later.”
For those who really need immediate treatment, financing is the best option especially when you do not have cash on hand or you do not have savings to pay treatment bills. It will be hard for the individuals to pay for the treatment when they do not have a job and not enough savings.
Financing will take in charge of paying the treatment in full amount. This particular financial option will send the full payment directly to the bank account of the rehabilitation center. More than anything else, it will provide you with the repayment plan that is designed to help you bring back the loaned money after the completion of the rehabilitation program.
Unlike loans that your relatives are required to pay for your treatment bills, financing allows you to repay them after you complete your treatment. Some plans allow you to pay them with a given 6-month grace period to find a job first and get settled before making payments.
Scholarships and Grants
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) provides scholarships and grants that allow you to fund your alcohol or drug addiction treatment. The program is designed to primarily help those either having a hard time paying treatment bills or without health insurance. Make sure you fully read the terms and conditions on SAMHSA’s website and checkout if you qualify.
Moreover, you can list those treatment centers in your area that are experienced in treating drug addiction. With your list, contact those that fit your needs best and pay attention to those that provide scholarships. These rehabilitation centers are aware that their potential patients will soon have a hard time in paying the treatment bills; hence, have a number of ready scholarship options for the applicants.
The subsidy can cover your expenses after assessing your socioeconomic status. After determining this aspect of your life, they will come up with the decision of whether to provide financial assistance for your rehabilitation sessions or not. Subsidized coverage considers helping those who have lower incomes that are unable to afford health insurance on their own.
Even if you do not have the cash to pay them, you have to sign a note with them indicating the outline of the schedule of payment so that it will be clear for both parties that you are willing to repay them soon. Take note to not let yourself be overwhelmed about the payment agreement scheme that is being offered to you.
On This Page
- 1 Help Is Only A Phone Call Away
- 2 Drug addiction can be treated, but not an easy task to do
- 3 Addiction can be treated by going through this three crucial steps:
- 4 While recovery is possible, the rehabilitation process costs a lot
- 5 Fortunately, there are ways on how we can pay for drug rehabilitation sessions without using health insurance
- 6 Don't Wait Help Is Only A Phone Call Away
Navigation: Can Methadone Get You High? For those who are struggling with addiction, quitting is more than just saying “I’...
To be able to solve the problem in drug addiction, one needs help and it should be a group effort. If you are using drugs, it’s best to as...