What is Dual Diagnosis: Everything
You Need to Know
It’s not easy living with an addiction. You spend most of your time thinking about obtaining and using drugs and you hardly have enough time or energy to do anything else. It drives your life and consumes you. Addiction affects your health, your reputation, your career, and even your relationships.
For those with a mental health disorder, this becomes even more difficult to live with. Having either condition is difficult enough. Imagine having to deal with the effects of addiction on top of dealing with the effects of a mental disorder. It’s easy to see how someone with this type of condition could get overwhelmed.
It’s hard to watch someone you love struggle with this kind of situation. They may feel hopeless or powerless over their own life. This cycle is very difficult to break. That is why they need professional treatment. LEARN MORE
What is a Dual
Dual diagnosis is when a person suffers from addiction and mental health disorders simultaneously. Because of the connection between substance abuse and mental illnesses, dual diagnoses are actually more common than you may think.
Mental health conditions that usually co-occur with substance use disorder are the following: LEARN MORE
for Mental Illness:
How Does it Work?
Before we dive deeper into dual diagnosis treatment, let us talk about how treatment usually works for those who are suffering with a mental disorder.
Psychotherapy is most commonly used for the treatment of mental disorders. LEARN MORE
How Does Treatment
Work for Dual Diagnosis?
If a person with a mental health disorder also happens to have a co-occurring addiction or substance use disorder, what they need is dual diagnosis treatment.
While there are plenty of treatment options for addictive disorders and even severe mental illness, there aren’t a lot of treatment providers that specialize in dual diagnosis. LEARN MORE
What to Expect
from a Dual Diagnosis
Treatment works differently for everyone. That is because everyone experiences addiction differently. Especially in cases of dual diagnosis, no two patients are exactly the same. There are so many factors at play: what kind of drug they were taking; how much and how often they were using it; LEARN MORE
Treatment Center near Me
Now that you know what to expect from a dual diagnosis treatment program, it’s time to talk about what to look for in a treatment provider. Not all facilities are built the same.
For starters, if the patient struggles with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental disorders, you need to find a treatment facility that offers dual diagnosis care. LEARN MORE
About North Tustin
Rehab Treatments In North Tustin California
- Alcohol Addiction North Tustin
- Alcohol Detox North Tustin
- Alcohol Rehab North Tustin
- Alcohol Rehab for Veterans North Tustin
- Benzodiazepines Rehab Near Me North Tustin
- Christian Drug Rehab North Tustin
- Drug Rehab-addiction Treatment Centers Near You North Tustin
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers Near You North Tustin
- Fentanyl North Tustin
- Find 30-Day Inpatient Drug Rehabs Near You! North Tustin
- Find 60 Day Inpatient Drug Rehabs Near You! North Tustin
- Find 90 Day Inpatient Drug Rehabs Near You! North Tustin
- Hydrocodone North Tustin
- Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab Near Me North Tustin
- Inpatient Drug Rehab Treatment Program North Tustin
- Luxury Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers North Tustin
- Mental Health, Addiction, and Drug Rehab North Tustin
- Outpatient Drug Rehab Near Me North Tustin
- Oxymorphone North Tustin
- Prescription Drugs North Tustin
- Student Drug Rehab North Tustin
Browse by State
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- RHODE ISLAND
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WEST VIRGINIA